Pleasanton Child Custody Attorney
Advocacy from Our Experienced, Award-Winning Lawyers
At Ross Family Law, we realize that cases involving children come with high stakes. Child custody and child support cases are often highly-contested areas of family law. As such, our aim is to vigorously protect your rights as a parent as well as the interests of your children, by pursuing child custody and support arrangements that fit the needs of your family.
Why Call Our Child Custody Lawyers?
- Our founding attorney Renee Ross is a Family Law Specialist Certified by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Full-Service Boutique Family Law Firm
- We Provide Personalized, Tailored Counsel
- One-on-One Service from Your Attorney
Family courts in California place the highest priority on the best interests of children. However, determining “best interests” is not always clear and simple, and reaching an agreement that accomplishes this can be difficult. Often times, it calls for the application of creative problem-solving to craft a workable arrangement.
We Know What's At Stake
At Ross Family Law, we appreciate the importance of every child, and we value the meaningful role that parents play in their children's lives. You can look to our firm for guidance on the complexities of custody and visitation rights.
Our Pleasanton child custody lawyers bring a strong background to the representation of these cases. Our extensive litigation experience proves invaluable when custody disputes end up in court. However, we are adept at pursuing out-of-court resolutions when appropriate.
Our firm is also well-equipped to deal with extenuating circumstances such as allegations of domestic abuse, substance addiction or neglect, which can have a tremendous impact on custody proceedings. We can help you overcome these and other challenges.
Types of Custody in California
Child custody matters in California can be broken down into four categories: legal custody, physical custody, sole custody, and joint custody.
- Legal Custody – The parent that has legal custody is responsible for making important decisions such as health, education, extracurricular activities, religious activities, etc.
- Physical Custody – This refers to which parent the child or children will physically live with.
- Sole Custody – This is when one parent is awarded 100% custody of the child or children. The other parent might have visitation rights but will not share the custody rights with the other parent.
- Joint Custody – This is when both parents share custody of the child or children. The way custody is shared will be different on a case by case basis, but both parents will maintain custody rights.
For additional questions regarding child custody in California, don’t hesitate to contact our firm!
How To Approach Child Custody
To discuss how a visitation schedule or specific child custody outcome may affect your current situation, you should not hesitate to contact our office as soon as you can. Our Pleasanton child custody attorneys and team can explain your options and how we can help. This is one of the most highly contested, complex, and critical areas of a divorce, which is why we encourage you to seek professional counsel to support your case.
To learn more, please call our office at 925-308-9920 and request a case evaluation with a Pleasanton child custody lawyer. Our firm offers legal services to clients throughout the Bay Area, including Alameda, Contra Costa, Solano, Marin and San Francisco Counties.
I feel very lucky to have such a great team representing me and the family!!!
You Helped Make My Life a Little Less Complicated
You all helped me through a very rough time and I cannot thank you enough.
Certified Family Law Specialists
Two of our attorneys are Certified Family Law Specialists by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and our Founding Attorney is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
As a full-service boutique law firm, you will get the attention that your case needs. At Ross Family Law we dedicate ourselves to obtaining your best possible outcome.
Our attorneys work one-on-one with you to devise a plan to achieve your goals.
We offer individualized care and tailored solutions for each client's unique needs.