Certified Family Law Specialist | Fellow of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
When it comes to protecting the security and futures of families, few attorneys have accomplished as much as Renee Ross, Esq. She practices family law exclusively in the Bay Area, including Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties, as well as San Francisco. Since 2005, she has provided families with a knowledgeable, effective, and experienced ally in all types of family law cases, from prenuptial agreements to complex property division issues.
Distinguishing herself from other attorneys in the state, Renee is a Certified Family Law Specialist, as designated by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. This means that she has been recognized by the State Bar for her exceptional ethics, skill, experience, and knowledge—enough for California to offer its seal of approval and specialization, an honor awarded to only 3% of practicing attorneys in California. Renee applies her excellent skills and legal expertise to all family law cases, including divorce, child custody, spousal support/alimony, paternity issues, stepparent adoptions, and more.
What also makes Renee such an effective ally for her clients is her continuous involvement in the legal community. She is a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, one of the profession’s most prestigious professional organizations. She also belongs to the Alameda County Family Law Association, the Family Law section of the California Bar Association, and others. Her activity outside of work also includes contributions to the community and legal field, such as serving as a volunteer mentor for the Alameda County Bar Association, and as a volunteer scorer in local high school mock trial competitions.
Graduating cum laude in 2000, Renee attended Mount St. Mary’s College as a political science major while minoring in pre-law studies. She then attended Golden Gate University School of Law, where she graduated cum laude again with a juris doctorate. While attending Golden Gate, she was an intern for the California Supreme Court, achieved publication for her legal writings, and was honored with multiple awards for her research and writing work. Renee has been working in litigation since August 2002.
Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. cum laude - 2003
- Honors: Awards for Excellence in Research and Writing
- Honors: Recipient of Merit Scholarships
- Honors: Dean's List: Fall 2000; Spring 2001, 2002, 2003; Summer 2001
- Law Review: Golden Gate University Law Review, Assistant Editor, and Contributor
Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, California
- Cum laude graduate
- Recipient of Merit Scholarships and Political Science Department Scholarship
A History of Success
Renee is continually devoted to bettering her practice of law while contributing to the family law specialty as a whole. She is a member of the California State Bar, the Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, the Eastern Alameda County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Earl Warren American Inns of Court. This last organization was founded in 1996 in order to promote and develop the ethics, skills, and professionalism of attorneys in Northern California and beyond.
Since 2008, Renee has also generously offered her time to be a volunteer attorney for the Alameda County Bar Association. Her willingness to share her insight and legal expertise with those who need it is a hallmark of Renee’s practice and her character. The law is meant to be utilized and beneficial to everyone who needs it—it is Renee and lawyers like her who ensure that everyone has a chance to have a legal ally who will empower them to make well-informed and clear decisions.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Prenuptial agreements
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Stepparent Adoptions
- Domestic partnership adoptions
- Domestic partnership dissolutions
- Complex property division
Certified Legal Specialties
- California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization Certified Family Law Specialist
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- California Bar Association
- California Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Alameda County Family Law Association
- Contra Costa Bar Association
- California Young Lawyers Association (CYLA), Board of Directors
- Section of the California State Bar, 2011 - 2015
- California State Bar, Elected Chair, Communications Committee, 2012
- Eastern Alameda County Bar Association
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, LGBT Bar Association, Member; Board Member, 2002 - 2003
- Alameda County Earl Warren American Inns of Court, Treasurer, Member and Board Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers San Francisco and East Bay Mentoring Programs
Pro Bono Activities
- Settlement Commissioner and Volunteer Attorney, Alameda County Bar Association, Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, 2008 - Present
- Volunteer Mentor, Alameda County Bar Association, Volunteer Legal Services Corporation, 2008 - Present
- Tri-Valley Youth Court Judge, Gale-Schenone Hall of Justice, Pleasanton, CA, 2008 - Present
- Volunteer Attorney Scorer, Alameda County High School Mock Trial Competition