Board Certified Family Law Specialist
Laura Ramsey is an attorney with Ross Family Law. Her practice is focused on representing clients through all phases of family law litigation from initial consultation, discovery and disclosures, settlement proceedings, and if necessary, trial. Laura represents parties in complex matters before private judicial officers and the East Bay courthouses. Laura approaches each case with an eye for logical, practical, efficient resolution all while always thinking about the competitive edge.
Laura is a Certified Family Law Specialist certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. Each year since 2013, Laura has been selected for inclusion in the Northern California Super Lawyers list.
In addition to representing clients in all phases of litigation, Laura is a certified mediator having completed the Mediating Disputes Program at Harvard Law School.
Laura started her family law career in Orange County, moving back to the Bay Area in 2010 joining Whiting, Fallon, Ross & Abel, LLP where she was a partner. Laura is a mother to 3 children, including twin boys, who keep her on her toes.
- Whittier College School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo (B.A., 2004)
- Harvard Law School, Harvard Negotiation Institute, Mediating Disputes (2014)
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Volunteer attorney, Alameda County Shriver Project
- Volunteer attorney, Contra Costa Superior Court
- Settlement Commissioner and volunteer attorney, Alameda County Bar Association, Volunteer Legal Services
- AFCC-CA Insights Editor (“Ask Three Mentors Column”)
- American Heart Association